About the author
Rajasingam S. Jeyendran, B.V.Sc., M.S., PhD., HCLD., ALD (ABB).
Dr. R. S. Jeyendran (Dr. Jay), a graduate in Veterinary Medicine from the University of Ceylon, Sri Lanka, and with a M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota, and Diploma in High Complexity Laboratory Director and Andrology Laboratory Director from American Board of Bioanalysis, Missouri. Dr. Jeyendran has been involved with reproductive physiology of the male since 1974.
Dr. Jay has authored three medical books, three trade books and two booklets in the field of Andrology and Reproductive Physiology.
- Confessions of a human sperm. S. Jeyendran, iUniverse, Lincoln, NE, U.S.A 2013
- Sex, Sperm, & STD’S: What Every Teenage Boy Needs to Know. R.S. Jeyendran & M Hollingsworth, iUniverse, Lincoln, NE, U.S.A 2006
- Overview of Aneuploidy in Relation to IVF. R.S. Jeyendran & E. Pergament, SKJ Inc., Lisle, IL, U.S.A. 2005 (booklet)
- Patient Guide to Semen Analysis. R.S. Jeyendran, iUniverse, Lincoln, NE, U.S.A 2004
- Protocols for Semen Analysis in Clinical Diagnosis. R.S. Jeyendran, Parthenon Press, United Kingdom, 2003
- Semen Collection and Processing Methods. R.S. Jeyendran, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2003
- Interpretation of Semen Analysis Results: A Practical Guide. R.S. Jeyendran, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2000
- Understanding the Male Sexual Development and Fertility. R.S. Jeyendran, SKJ Inc., Wheaton, IL, U.S.A.1999 (booklet)
Over the years he had mentored students, residents and fellows in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine.
- Lecturer, CookCountyGraduateSchool of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois (1993)
- Research Associate, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at the MedicalCenter, Chicago, Illinois (1980-83)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, RushUniversity, Chicago, Illinois (1983-89)
- Associate Professor (Clinical), Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern UniversityMedicalSchool, Chicago, Illinois (1989-98)
- Associate Professor (Clinical), Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Northwestern UniversityMedicalSchool, Chicago, Illinois (1993-98)
- Research Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Northwestern UniversityMedicalSchool, Chicago, Illinois (1998-04)
Dr. Jay has patented three inventions important to the fields of reproduction and physiology.U.S. Patent 5,575,914: Sperm Filter Trap Having Compressed Glass Wool Filter
- Material, marketed by COOK OB/GYN as the “Cook Sperm Filter”.
- U.S. Patent 5,536,243: Time-Release Insemination Device.
- U.S. Patent 5,559,040: Pulsing and Oscillating Methods of Centrifugation for Improving the Recovery of Viable Cells.
- DNA IDCHECK a buccal swab sample test, is currently marketed by Walgreens E-Commerce for routine “peace of mind” parentage confirmation.
Dr. Jay has published more than 325 book chapters, reviews, publications and abstracts and has researched and contributed significantly to studies in male infertility. Several of these original contributions have been accepted by peers as significant; one publication is internationally recognized as a standard for sperm quality.